Director Health Alliance
Evolve BioSystems, Inc. – Field Based Position in the USA
Reporting to the Senior Director Medical Sales & Operations, the Director Health Alliance (DHA) serves as an integral member of the sales and operations team. Ultimately, the primary mandate for the DHA will be to create short-term and long-term business strategies to optimize product revenue via national accounts (Distributors, GPOs, IDNs, etc.), ensure profitable institutional access, maximize outcomes for reimbursement, execute service agreements, and develop health economic initiatives.
The DHA will deliver continued breakthrough results, while concurrently building our Health Alliance capabilities focused on sales goals and maximizing revenue. The challenges are wide ranging and exciting. The role demands a highly developed strategic ability, superior sales skills and an entrepreneurial, team-oriented approach. The DHA will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Help develop, frame and implement the health alliance sales strategy to meet or exceed business objectives and support the medical and institutional sales strategy.
- Develop and lead the national account strategy for the hospital-based products; including prioritization and implementation of GPO, distributor and health system business.
- Lead strategic and tactical plans to maximize adoption and uptake by payers, providers, and patient access groups by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle.
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the health alliance priority areas to inform various cross-functional strategic projects; effectively work in a matrix environment to drive teamwork, integration and engagement.
- Leverage analytical skills to identify, assess and recommend medical sales business priorities utilizing clinical data, competitive intelligence and contracting initiatives.
- Develop, review and modify health alliance business plan on a proactive basis.
- Support the development, implementation and integration of a planning discipline that enhances strategic customer development and facilitates decision making.
- Ensure that initiatives, customer account priorities and approaches, access plans, reimbursement plans, and targets are consistent with brand strategies, and that they build strategic customer relationships.
- Work closely with senior leadership to define health alliance effectiveness measurements (national account, access & reimbursement prioritization, customer relationship management, key performance indicators, etc.) required to ensure sales organization success. Help align reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Promote robust, productive, and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders with an emphasis on medical sales and customer support teams.
- Build and maintain superior health alliance capabilities;
- Mobilize team to drive Evolve’s mission, vision, and core beliefs.
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to translate scientific discovery, utilizing approved materials and programs, to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Serve as a role model, and hold team accountable for business results
- Provide leadership in the development and management of productive relationships; functioning as a business, brand, and consumer advocate to the division.
- Lead and facilitate the sharing of learning, nurturing of insight into action and analytic rigor and discipline to enable the creation of strategy and tactics. Work with internal stakeholders to execute.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a life history of pegging his/her personal goals above those expected by the job description.
- Has a track record of developing cooperative relations and building teams; a team leader with a demonstrated success of inspiring and leading initiatives and contributing as a productive team member.
- Outgoing and assertive, establishes credibility and trust early on with customers. The successful candidate will have strength of character, demonstrating the courage to stand behind his/her convictions, ideas, and beliefs.
- A change agent, who is excited by the opportunity to work in a high-profile role with tremendous internal and external visibility building a collaborative environment between medical sales, customer service and customers to drive sales and growth.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Strategic envisioning: There is a need to complement and elevate the strategic nature of the company’s medical sales and operations team, as well as to aggressively explore new approaches for growth. Therefore, evidence of having crafted a vision, align strategic plans to support the vision and bring it to life will be critical. This will require high-level demonstrated experience developing business plans, value added programs, contract negotiation, or access and reimbursement strategies.
- Organizational and capability development: There is a real-time demand for leadership that strives for greatness, allocates resources, and builds capability. This leader will deliver expected results and move boldly to capitalize on the market trends. Positive results will fuel growth and strategic initiatives. Therefore, driving growth in a commercially responsible manner through the strategic development and tactical execution of integrating policy and healthcare dynamics into the business planning cycle is critical.
- Inspiring leadership: A charismatic leader with a history of instilling and promoting enthusiasm for the business/brand among their team and customers. This candidate must possess that rare blend of exceptional intelligence, personal impact and well-articulated passion.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Tenacious with an abiding sense of urgency and personal pace.
- Inquisitive and engaged; questions things and digs deep.
- Commitment and passion for the business, team and results – feels direct and personal ownership for the success of the company.
- Advanced communications skills (verbal and written) including presentation/selling skills to different audience level. Comfortable sharing scientific information.
- Passion for Evolve’s mission.
- 5 years of national account management experience.
- 2-5 years of healthcare supply chain, payer, health economics or hospital sales experience (various roles)
- In-depth understanding of national healthcare accounts (group purchasing organizations GPO, integrated delivery networks IDN, distributors, etc.), market access, and reimbursement practices; both governmental and private payers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-performing teams; including hiring, training, directing and evaluating.
- A strong cultural fit; an individual with integrity, ethics, strong collaborative and consensus-building skills; open, honest, entrepreneurial and committed to inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
Geographic Work Conditions:
- Field-based position; must live in the USA
- Willingness to travel domestic and international (when required) up to 60%
- Valid Driver’s License is mandatory
Interested in this position? Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org