Postdoctoral Research Associate in Data Science/Biostatistics
Evolve BioSystems Inc. – Davis, CA
Term: 12 months
Reporting to the head Bioinformatics Scientist, the Research Associate will be responsible for advancing Evolve’s portfolio of proprietary products toward commercial development. This person will leverage acquired skills in programming and statistics/biostatistics to shape both current and future work streams within the Company and contribute to the analysis of data from unique patient populations. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment at an early stage company be a self-starter, and self-manage to meet milestones and project deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Research and Development team to contribute to ongoing research, product development, and clinical trials.
- SQL database administration
- Data curation and analysis
- Develop key insights from clinical trials and experimental data in a timely fashion
- Rapidly integrate new knowledge and novel tools into research
- Prepare reports and careful documentation of findings to support research
- Present data to influence commercial strategies (internal audiences) and to support Evolve’s discovery/expertise in the microbiome (external audiences)
- Passion for Evolve’s mission to restore the infant gut microbiome
- Ability to manage projects independently from start to finish and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership and commercial teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter
- Relevant graduate level coursework (PhD preferred) and/or demonstrated experience in a Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- A high functioning familiarity with statistics and analysis of complex data types with advanced analytical tools, visualization methods, or statistical modeling
- Extensive experience and comfort working within a UNIX environment and with bash/Perl/R/SQL/Python or other relevant languages are crucial
- Database management experience (MySQL, PostgradeSQL) is critical and required
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Interested in this position? Please email your resume to: email@example.com