Research Associate/Junior Scientist
Evolve BioSystems Inc. – Davis, CA
Reporting to the Director of Process Development, this position will be responsible for contributing to Evolve’s portfolio of proprietary products. This person will leverage acquired skills in mass spectrometry with skills in bioprocessing, and/or analytical/food chemistry to influence both current and future work streams within the Company. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment at an early stage company.
- Collaborate with the Research and Development team to contribute to ongoing research and product development.
- Analyze samples from a variety of sources via mass spectrometry to determine specific composition.
- Develop new protocols, analytical methods, and prepare standards/reagents.
- Rapidly integrate new knowledge and novel tools into research.
- Troubleshoot as needed, and develop new methodologies in support of broader R & D and Process Development work streams.
- Prepare reports and careful documentation of findings to support research.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for Evolve’s mission
- Ability to manage projects independently from start to finish and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership and commercial teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter
- Degree and experience (BS) or advanced degree (MS) with experience in related field
- 2+ years of Industry experience in related field highly preferred
- Hands-on experience in developing assays, conducting high throughput analytical chemistry measurements. Critically, HPAE-PAD experience.
- Experience with instrument maintenance and upkeep.
Interested in this position? Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org